Axfoundation is the place where interns can grow and make a real difference. We are constantly looking for new interns who want to be part of our organization during their study period. Those who thrive with us are individuals with a genuine interest in sustainable innovation, are dedicated team players, and have a willingness to learn. Welcome to join us in developing practical solutions for a sustainable society – from the food we eat to the things we buy and the resources we use.
What the internship entails:
An internship at Axfoundation can be undertaken in any of our three program areas: Future Food, Circular Economy, and Sustainable Production and Consumption. We also offer internships in our communication team. An internship at Axfoundation means, for example, that you will:
- Work practically on sustainability issues in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Gain valuable experience in sustainability issues
- Contribute to research in Axfoundation’s program areas
- Work practically and innovatively on complex sustainability challenges
- Participate in one of our 30 projects developing sustainable innovations
We welcome you if you:
- Are studying at a university or college with a relevant education related to Axfoundation’s activities. Previous interns have studied at institutions such as SLU, Uppsala University, KTH, and various programs in digital communication and PR.
- Are available for a full semester and are eligible for student financial aid, as the internship is unpaid.
- Are a “doer” with your own drive. You prioritize business sense and sustainability benefits.
- Have a solution-oriented approach and thrive in a changing context.
- Are curious, innovative, courageous, and constantly want to develop yourself.
- Communicate well in Swedish and/or English.
Axfoundation is an independent, non-profit organization working concretely and practically for a sustainable society. Within Axfoundation’s three program areas, we accelerate and innovate sustainable solutions concerning the things we buy, the food we eat, and the resources we use.
Examples of projects we drive:
- Sheep on Repeat: Together with a variety of actors, we are developing a proof-of-concept to test how traceability of wool in the fashion industry can work in practice – from farm to final garment.
- The Future of Feed for Fish, Pigs, Poultry and Laying Hens: We bring together researchers and practitioners to tackle two of the food system’s biggest challenges; Resource waste and environmental impact from feed.
- The Swedish Wool Initiative: An industry-wide initiative that enables Swedish brands and suppliers to access competitive Swedish wool raw materials.
What we offer:
Axfoundation gives you the opportunity to develop and grow in a dynamic environment, alongside committed, result-driven, and talented colleagues. We prioritize maintaining and developing good relationships, both internally and externally. Here, you have the opportunity to be part of a community actively working on practical sustainability solutions. Axfoundation’s office is located in Stockholm, and Torsåker Farm, our test farm and practical center for the sustainable food systems of the future, is just outside Upplands Väsby.
Send your CV and a few lines about yourself and why you are applying for an internship at Axfoundation to and mark the application “Internship”. Make sure to also indicate which area you are applying to; Future Food, Circular Economy, Sustainable Production and Consumption, or Communication.
For questions, contact Stina Behrens, Project Manager at Axfoundation, by email at .