Axfoundation puts the spotlight on sustainable production and consumption.
About the Program
Axfoundation collaborates with both Swedish and international companies, as well as public and international bodies to improve working and living conditions of employees, migrant workers and smallholder farmers in the global
production chain. We also investigate purchasing practices and the impact of the entire value chain on income and working conditions.
Axfoundation tests and develops novel methods for increased transparency and traceability, including possibilities within blockchain technology. Increased visibility makes it possible to detect and address problems, to place responsibility where it belongs and to provide accurate product information to customers. Together with various experts and partners we build knowledge and make good examples visible.
Axfoundation also aims to contribute to changing consumer behavior. We believe it is an important task to assist customers in making sustainable choices, in the store and online. The customer is always right but doesn’t always make the right choices. We help them make more sustainable decisions.
The program contributes to:
- Improved working and living conditions in global supply chains.
- Responsible buying practices.
- Reduced climate and environmental impact from production and consumption.
- Increased consumer awareness of the social and environmental impact of consumption.
- Increased transparency and traceability.