The Innovation Support provides access to Torsåker Farm’s test kitchens and is designed to help further develop your sustainable innovation. Photo: Linda Prieditis
What Does Innovation Support Entail?
The Innovation Support provides you as an entrepreneur or researcher with free access to Torsåker Farm’s state-of-the-art test and restaurant kitchens for a set number of days. The support is designed to help you to further develop, test and tweak your sustainable innovation. The kitchens also include restaurant equipment, associated utensils and a small lab for simpler tests. There is staff on-site with expertise in gastronomy, product development, and sensory and you are free to use us as a sounding board. Axfoundation offers access to Torsåker Farm in the form of practical innovation support, which includes rental of space, access to equipment, and support from Torsåker Farm’s staff. We do not offer financial support.
What’s It Like to Work with Us at Axfoundation?
At Torsåker Farm, we value openness and transparency combined with respect for sensitive information. The guiding star is to help and share knowledge and experience as much as possible. Since Axfoundation is an independent and non-profit organization, we collaborate with a wide range of actors from both the business world and academia – our only competitor is unsustainable production and consumption. However, we of course understand that unique ideas, recipes, and the like may need to be treated with confidentiality.
At Torsåker Farm, knowledge and experiences are shared through a wide range of actors from both industry and academia.
State-of-the-art test kitchens and modern restaurant equipment are available. Photo: Linda Prieditis
Who Owns the Innovation?
In cases where researchers and entrepreneurs work at Torsåker Farm with Innovation Support from Axfoundation, the innovation and any further developed results enabled by the Innovation Support are still owned by the entrepreneur/researcher. Axfoundation does not claim ownership either of the result or of the initial innovation.
How to Apply for Innovation Support
- Summary project description: Describe the innovation and its potential to contribute to a sustainable society. Specify which sustainability issue the innovation addresses.
- Goals: What is the goal of the innovation?
- Effect: What effect do you aim to achieve with the initiative?
- Time: If the innovation support concerns product or service development, what is the estimated time-to-market?
- Need: Estimated number of workdays needed with access to test kitchens, restaurant kitchens, and/or bakery at Torsåker Farm.
- Equipment: What type of equipment/facilities do you need access to in order to further develop the solution?
- Torsåker Farm’s role: In what way would access to Torsåker Farm contribute to the project?
- Contact: Contact information (name, organization, phone, email).
Staff with expertise in gastronomy, product development and sensory science are close at hand. Photo: Linda Prieditis
Photo: Linda Prieditis